You guys, this is my fourth fudge recipe in a few days. Which means I’M CHOCOLATE OBSESSED, as you have seen me talk about in my previous posts with chocolate peppermint fudge, lavender rosemary fudge, orange cardamom fudge and NOW this white chocolate peppermint fudge. Yayayay! I’m on a sugar high right now and I’m totally ok with it.
I don’t know what’s happening to me today but #1 – I’m still procrastinating packing and cleaning the house before our vacation tomorrow and #2 – I’ve been wanting to eat everything in sight. I ate a peanut butter and jelly for breakfast, then chocolate then I had a smoothie bowl, then chocolate then I had roast and mashed potatoes and like 3 juice boxes and lots of water and I just ate more of this white chocolate peppermint fudge and I’m still super hungry! On an emotional rollercoaster with chocolate.
I’ve always been a big dark chocolate fan, like the darker the better and 10x better if it’s frozen! BUT there are those days where a good piece of white chocolate is perfff. Also some people in my family can only eat white chocolate because they’re sensitive to caffeine and regular chocolate makes them have reactions so in comes white chocolate the savior and add that hint of peppermint and it’s THE BEST CHRISTMAS DESSERT EVER! SO, it’ll be perfect at our Christmas celebration! Which by the way I’m so super pumped for! We”ll be spending the next 5 days on water slides and at swim up bars sipping on margaritas! There’s also this surfing thing (that let’s be honest I’d probably majorly bite it on) and rock climbing which will be so fun! Have you been to the dells? Comment if you have and tell me your favorite thing to do! We’ve never been in the winter!
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 5 tbsp butter
- 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Crushed Peppermint Candies
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil, set aside
- Measure white chocolate chips and marshmallows and set aside
- In a medium sized pot add evaporated milk, butter, sugar and peppermint extract and whisk to combine, bring to a boil at medium heat stirring constantly
- Cook for 5 minutes continuing to whisk once boiling
- Quickly add the marshmallows and white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted and combined
- Pour the fudge into the prepared 8x8 foiled pan and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and let cool completely before cutting into squares
- Store in an airtight container