Full disclosure: I’m sitting here writing this to you as I am stealing and eating all of the candy from my husbands Christmas stocking. Mini M&Ms, you always get me. Also, I’ve never made poached pears until today. HOLY CRAP WHY DID I WAIT THIS LONG? They are the easiest thing in the world to make and seriously DELISH. These poached pears with peppercorn chai chocolate sauce have officially changed my life.
An amazing company called Raw Spice Bar sent me some delicious spice blends to try out, and this peppercorn chai pack was one of the blends included! Chai will always be a favorite of mine, and mixing with peppercorn made this blend 10x better! It has such a deep, rich flavor with so many layers, giving the chocolate sauce the perfect infused flavors. PLUS they had a couple other blends that are ON POINT, you guys, and on top of it they come out with fun new blends monthly to go with seasons! I mean how fun is that? The inspiration never ends.
I’ve always dreamed about poaching pears, but for some reason I always thought it was more difficult than it is so I’ve pushed it off. There’s been many times of good intentions and thoughts of doing it, buying lots of pears to poach and I end up eating them instead before they can even hit the boiling shuga water. These poached pears with peppercorn chai chocolate sauce are the perfect dessert for your holiday parties. Honestly, even if you’re a non-baker you will WOW your guests with this super simple recipe. It takes less 30 minutes to make and has so many flavors that will impress everyone!
We’re heading to Wisconsin Dells for Christmas this year for some waterpark action (ummm so fun!!) and we for sure will be making these AND so much fudge! I love the end of the year because you can eat all of the desserts in the world and not even feel bad about it. We always eat healthy, so the last few weeks of the year we like to get all of the foods we’ve been craving and have lots of movie nights with desserts! Add cookie dough, ice cream and lots of pizzas to that equation and you’ve got some really happy people. But for now, I’ll stick to these mini m&ms and poached pears with peppercorn chai chocolate sauce.
Comment below if you’re a poached pear lover too!
Check out their quarterly subscription HERE!
- 4 Bosc pears
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (or heavy cream)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp Raw Spice Bar Peppercorn Chai spice
- In a pot (large enough to fit pears, but small enough to have pears be covered with water) at medium heat add all poaching ingredients and whisk to combine
- Wash and carefully peel each pear, and once poaching liquid starts to boil add pears, making sure whole pear is submerged in water, keep in boiling water for 10-25 minutes depending on ripeness. You'll want a fork to easily pierce the pear
- While pears are cooking, heat the cream and peppercorn chai spice in a separate pot until steaming
- Pour cream over chocolate chips in a small bowl and whisk until completely melted
- Pour chocolate sauce over pears and eat immediately