Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner!? DAYS. I still can’t get over how fast this year has flown by. Today is laundry day, packing day and cleaning day before we head to the dells for the holidays and I’M SO EXCITED! Do you have those moments where nothing seems harder than to clean and do laundry when you’re so excited to go somewhere? Procrastination at it’s finest. So I sit here, writing to you about orange cardamom fudge instead of doing those things, and if I can procrastinate a little longer, I’m sharing a white chocolate peppermint fudge recipe later too! It’s a win for everyyyyone.
This Orange Cardamom Fudge is out of this world delicious. It has the perfect texture, flavor and a little spice kick from the cardamom. I have fallen in love with cardamom over the last few years, there’s nothing that can compare with the spicy, floral and citrus combination. AND it’s even better when chocolate is involved!
We brought this fudge to a family party along with this chocolate peppermint fudge in Michigan this past weekend and it was such a hit! I’m pretty sure you can never go wrong with chocolate though, everyone will always love it. At least I do. It’s likely that my body is made of 85% chocolate from how much I’ve been eating these last few weeks. AND I LOVE IT! Only a few days before my life will consist of salads and smoothie bowls (which in all reality you betta believe I’ll be sneaking in some chocolate chunks in those) so I need to stuff my face with all the CANDYYYYY I can! Life is better with orange cardamom fudge you guys, jump on the choc train with me.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 5 tbsp butter
- 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips
- Orange food coloring (optional)
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil, set aside
- Measure chocolate chips and marshmallows and set aside
- In a medium sized pot add evaporated milk, butter, sugar, orange zest and cardamom and whisk to combine, bring to a boil at medium heat stirring constantly
- Cook for 5 minutes continuing to whisk once boiling
- Quickly add the marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir until completely melted and combined
- Pour the fudge into the prepared 8x8 foiled pan
- To make the topping, create a double boiler to melt down the white chocolate with the orange juice and food coloring to create desired color, then drizzle on top of the fudge
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares
- Store in an airtight container