It’s my birthday! Which means 3 things. I need this No Churn Blueberry Pie Ice Cream, pizza and mexican food all in one day. But first, can we take a minute to talk about how EASY this recipe is!? Plus it’s gluten free, dairy free and vegan! The best part is that it actually tastes like you’re eating blueberry pie!
This No Churn Blueberry Pie Ice Cream is made using one of my veryyyy favorite hacks!
Coconut whipped cream! If you’re not worried about being dairy free you can use any whipped cream you’d like but I love a little hint of coconut and love the full fat benefits it provides our bodies with!
To make this No Churn Blueberry Pie Ice Cream you’ll want to first make your quick blueberry pie filling. In a small pot add your blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and gelatin (or agar agar to make it vegan).
Bring the blueberry pie mixture to a boil at medium heat and cook until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Once it’s thickened pour mixture into a bowl and set it to the side or place in the fridge to cool while you’re getting the remaining ingredients ready.
In a large bowl add the whipped cream and almond milk and fold or whisk together until a smooth and creamy texture is formed, but be careful not to over whip!
Smooth, creamy whipped deliciousness RIGHT THERE!
It was hard enough to get me to the next step without calling this “licking the bowl” and leaving nothing to mix with the blueberries.
Once your whip is whipped and your bluebs are cooled you can start the fun part – the layers! I like to lay a small piece of parchment paper down before adding the cream layer to make sure you get EVERY. LAST. DROP. of goodness!
Start by placing about half of the whipped cream mixture on the bottom layer, then drop spoonfuls of the blueberry pie mixture and using the back of the spoon or a knife make swirls into it to make a marble effect.
Repeat a second layer with the remainder of your No Churn Blueberry Pie Ice Cream mix, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer! On to the hardest part… the worst kind of waiting game.
But at least you can lick the bowl right!?
Once completely frozen, remove from the freezer about 5 minutes before eating to make for easier scooping.
I have a super old freezer so it makes things really frozen, but if it scoops right away for you go for it!
I guess that justifies me going shopping for a new fridge right?! YAS BIRTHDAY PRESENTS!
Serve up this No Churn Blueberry Pie Ice Cream in cute mason jars and if you’re feelin’ a little frisky top it with some oh so tasty crunchy graham crackers because hello, it’s PIE ICE CREAM!
- 1 container coconut whipped cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers (optional)
- In a small pot at medium heat add blueberries, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and gelatin and bring to a boil, stirring often until thickened
- Remove blueberries from the heat and pour into a small bowl, place in the fridge for 5 minutes
- In a large bowl lightly whisk together coconut whipped cream and almond milk until smooth
- Place a small piece of parchment paper on the bottom of a small bread pan and layer half of the whipped cream mixture and half of the blueberry mixture, using the back of a spoon to make swirls to combine layers
- Repeat with the remaining whipped cream and blueberry mixture
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and freeze for 5 hours or overnight
- Once frozen remove from freezer for 5 minutes before serving
- Top with crushed graham crackers