I love the delicate nature of meringues. How they’re sweet, soft and crisp all at the same time. These Lemon Thyme Meringues with Raspberries and Chocolate and crushed pistachios are full of flavor and have the perfect tangy sweetness to them.
I’ve got a serious case of the Mondays today. All weekend I was planning my week out and I was super excited to do all of these things and while I did a lot this morning I am seriously tired! The only thing getting me through this day is Gilmore Girls and these SUPER TASTY Lemon Thyme Meringues with Raspberries and Chocolate and crushed pistachios. I mean look at them.
WHO DOESN’T LOVE MERINGUES!?
We can’t be friends if you don’t like them.
I feel like I talk about all of the TV shows I’m constantly obsessed with and while yes, it may seem like that’s all I do, you’re partially correct. Binge watching is a skill. A serious skill. AMIRIGHT?
In all honesty, I’ve never seen Gilmore Girls until this past weekend. Don’t yell at me GG lovers! I’ve always had solid intentions on trying to watch this show but I never have, until 2 days ago and I am HOOKED!
Eric went up to Michigan to help his family with a project and I stayed home since it would have been the 3rd weekend going there and I was just so super tired after the last few weeks. So that means I got to eat these Lemon Thyme Meringues with raspberries and chocolate and watch GIRLY TV! YAAAAS.
I did actually do productive things like go into the city to get an IV so I can get super hydrated. I have to drink salt water to keep hydrated otherwise it goes right through me and honestly I’ve been sucking at filling my huge water bottle all day for weeeeeeks and I have this little eczema spot on my hand that tells me when my body needs more water. So guess what happened? It’s almost completely gone and stopped itching right after I got the IV! We went to this great place called IVme in Chicago and I can’t wait to go back. We even got our own room! There was 3 of us getting IVs and one getting oxygen therapy, so we each had our own little couch and a big fluffy pillow and a big screen tv to watch hgtv on! Have you ever gotten IVs to rehydrate? Comment below if you have!
Oh annnnd when you make these delicious Lemon Thyme Meringues with Raspberries and Chocolate make SURE to follow the directions completely. I took my first batch out of the oven too fast and they all cracked and crumbled! Sad face emoji. It’s worth the wait, I promise!
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (not hot)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Crushed Pistachios
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- In a very clean** bowl add egg whites, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and cream of tartar
- Using an electric mixer at medium high speed beat egg whites until soft peaks start to form
- While mixing add sugar 1 tbsp at a time until mixed completely
- Increase mixer speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form
- On a large cookie sheet place parchment paper and draw circles with a cup to make even portions about 3 1/2 inches wide
- Spoon meringue onto parchment paper inside of the circles and use the back of the spoon to shape
- Bake for 2 hours, keeping the meringues in the oven, turn off the oven and leave meringues in to cool as oven cools - do not open the door
- Make the chocolate drizzle by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle on meringues once cooled
- Top with raspberries and crushed pistachios
- *cook time includes cooling time
- **to ensure proper peaks form bowl has to be completely free of any oil residue